Chinese Chicken Noodles
This chicken noodles recipe was inspired by a recipe book that I flipped through at my grocery store.
The timing couldn’t be better, as I had some fresh egg noodles in the fridge. Then, I was able to make these mouthwatering chicken noodles for lunch yesterday.
How to Prepare the Chicken
The best part of these noodles was the chicken.
I marinated the chicken with some soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, white pepper, and a secret ingredient that made all the difference: Worcestershire sauce.
I then pan-fried the chicken, and topped the simple fried egg noodles with the chicken, including the delicious juice from the chicken.
The Best Noodles to Use
This noodle recipe is so easy to make, with ingredients that you can get at regular grocery stores.
If you can’t find fresh egg noodles (also labeled as chow mein or steamed chow mein in the United States), you can always use dried egg noodles.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 588 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Sesame seeds
- Scallion (sliced diagonally)
- Rinse the fresh egg noodles with cold water, drain the excess water and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, marinate the chicken with all the seasonings in the Marinade, for 15 minutes.
- Heat up a wok with 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil. When the wok is heated, add the chicken into the wok and pan-fry the chicken until slightly charred and blackened on both sides. Remove the chicken from the wok and into a bowl. Set aside.
- Clean the wok and heat it up with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add in the minced garlic and stir-fry until light brown or aromatic. Add the shredded cabbage and carrot into the wok and do a few quick stirs. Stir in the noodles, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and water.
- Continue to stir fry until the noodles are well blended with the seasonings and completely cooked through. Dish out and transfer into two serving bowls. Top the chicken noodles with the chicken (and its juice), garnish with the sesame seeds and scallion. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.